Monday, December 13, 2004

24, you're evil!

In a nine hour "moment" of weakness spread over this past weekend, I watched the last half of season 3 of 24. I watched the first half of the season last year, but lost interest and dropped the season pass when it conflicted with another show (Scrubs, I think). Anyway, I always get sucked in by the previews for 24, and every year I hope that they will recreate the addictive quality of the first season.

After I watching a ridiculous number of episodes in a compressed period of time, I think I found that watching a number of episodes in a row makes the show more compelling and intense. The claustrophobia and fear are more real, and you don't have an entire week between episodes in which to contemplate the flaws in the plot. The season premiere will be 2 hours, followed by another new episodes the next night, giving viewers 3 hours in which to get hooked on the new season. I think that mini-marathons might be a great way to broadcast the show and keep vieweres addicted. A two or three hour block of episodes of 24 every week would be a larger time commitment, but could keep me glued to the set.
- nyanko

No comments: