Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I saw Britney (with Kevin) on the Ellen show last week, in an interview which was enormously uninteresting, considering Britney's a pretty crazy girl who has done some crazy things recently. Anyhoo, the funny thing about this was that there was some humorous scheduling synergies - so the Backstreet Boys were the musical guest for the day, as if to underline how much things have changed for Britney and BSB.

BSB were looking, well, older than they used to (duh) and performed a new song which did not have the super catchy Max Martin magic. And then they sang I Want It That Way, which I think they were trying to do a slightly different version of, but just sounded icky. Sigh. I'm not sure how I feel about watching thirtysomething guys wailing out the ballad. Unfortunately, no dancing.

No comments: