Tuesday, December 04, 2007

What I should watch this winter

Since the writer's strike doesn't appear to be ending anytime soon, it's going to be slim pickings on TV, which is probably good since I'll finally start reading more and watching my Netflix. But I think I will start watching How I Met Your Mother again, and may start watching Life, which the tomcat is a huge fan of. And maybe I'll watch some of Heroes... And happily, there are some new episodes of Monk and Psych that will air in January as well.

For Jane Austen fans, a new Masterpiece Theater will start on Jan 13th with an adaptation of Persuasion. I hope I remember to put that on my Tivo.

In other funny news, my mother tends to skim most of the newspaper every day which means she knows about almost all movies, and even weirder, about video games. We played the Wii at Christmas last year and ever since then, I think she's been reading about the games and recommended my favorite game (Elebits!) to me, even though she doesn't own a Wii and I never had any video games when I was a kid.

1 comment:

Holly Golightly said...

some shows that i might think about picking up with the lack of new tv - cashmere mafia, lipstick jungle (well, one ep of each just to see what they're like), women's murder club reruns, dance wars (haha)... and i'm totally with you about the jane austen adaptations of course