Monday, November 21, 2005

Harry Potter the 4

Here's my quick review of the new HP movie, Harry Pottah and the Goblet of Fire.
I attended an early screening of this thanks to my pal the guitar-playing quad-saber-wielding EA employee, and I have to admit that this was the biggest let-down in the series thus far.
Most of the characters got very little screen time, the students from the visiting schools were way over the top for their respective cliques, and the action in the various Triwizard events seemed very truncated. There wasn't enough Snape or basically any character not named Harry.

The biggest problem, I suppose, is that if movie5 is going to be anything like book5, it will consist of a lot of Harry angst/whining and I was hoping movie4 would be good enough to at least tie me over until 6 hits (what, 2008?).

I suppose the biggest points of this movie were Cho Chang's interesting accent and the beginnings of Harry's angst at being the 'chosen one.' Sucks to be the protagonist. Then again, even with all my complaining, it was still pretty entertaining and a requirement for anyone keeping up with this series.

To conclude, please replace all Lindsay Lohan and Hilary Duff with Emma Watson.

No comments: