Monday, April 24, 2006

Boondock Saints



The Boondock Saints is quite an old movie now, and has been named by several individuals to be present upon their personal "favorite" lists. However, few have ever emphasized it as an "essential" (e.g. Zoolander) and so the urgency level was fairly low. I have rarely been in a movie watching mood of late, but for some reason last night I was inspired to finally get around to seeing this movie, and so I went to rent it with Saber Ninja (I really need more consistent blog names, maybe if I ever blogged I would).

Conclusions:

To all of you who haven't seen it before, go see it. Now.
To those of you who have, why didn't you ever tell me before how badly I needed to see this movie?

There's something for everyone in this movie, since I hear the women have some eye-candy to enjoy while the men will enjoy the general bad-assery and guns/humor. I am strangely comfortable with that.

2 comments:

nyanko said...

This is now high on my queue, although it doesn't release on netflix until late May. I'll blog when I finally watch it!

totoro said...

I might agree with the overrated part if I had really heard any hype about it before. As it stands, my friends tend to talk only about romantic comedies and movies like The Notebook.