Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Harry Potter 6 trailer


Yup, it's the new Harry Potter teaser. This has been making the rounds since it was released earlier today but I think the most interesting thing is the vastly different style that this trailer has taken on compared to teasers for previous Harry Potter movies. If it didn't take so much effort I would try to look up teasers for the previous movies and embed them here to make it easy to compare but as far as I remember most of them took the format of some voiceovers followed by many snapshots of various scenes from the movie.

This teaser for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince instead is essentially one extended scene and is really quite dark. I'm not sure that this is a children's movie any more. I mean, maybe in the same way that Labyrinth was a children's movie, and that thing scared the crap out of me when I was little.

No comments: