Thursday, January 06, 2005

Committed

This is my first post in so long that I think the blog forgot who I was, but here goes.
A new sitcom recently premiered called Committed, and although I was warned away from it by Nyanko (who has read some horrible reviews), a recommendation from another friend (whom we shall call Squishy) prompted me to invest 22 minutes of time late last night in giving this show a shot.

Although this might end up causing much loss in face to me and my family in the near future, I must say that those were 22 well spent minutes. Committed is about a bunch of totally crazy people, and the pilot was specifically about two of these insane people who end up on a blind date with each other (sort of). I have a definite weakness for this kind of wacky humor, as my love for shows such as Scrubs and Coupling might suggest, but I don't think there's even one sane person in Committed. Oh, and if crazy people falling in love with each other doesn't sound good enough, just keep in mind that there is also a dying clown that lives in the closet. That alone should make this show worth watching.

- totoro

No comments: