Tuesday, January 11, 2005

iPod, you betray me

Over the holidays, I went on a bit of a road trip with some of my high school friends. The iPod came too, along with a tape adaptor thingie. And what I discovered is that I have ZERO other-people-friendly music. All of my music is just embarrassing. I'm perfectly happy listening to my own total crap, but I have nothing that other people would like or that is appropriate for a roadtrip with people I don't know as well.

I think the problem is exacerabated by the fact that most people downloaded music indiscriminately during the Napster heyday, and when they got an iPod, they simply dumped all their mp3s onto it without doing any screening. Or the other conclusion is that everyone really likes some completely horribly embarrassing music, no matter how cool or much of a music snob they seem to be.

Maybe I should just buy a couple Now That's What I Call Music! volumes and load it on there to play when the situation requires it.

And for Totoro, another one of the passengers also had an iPod and he had better music than me. But at one point, Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway came on, at which point he cringed and said we could skip the song, and the driver and I admitted that the song was kind of catchy. Sigh.

- nyanko

No comments: