Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Beauty and the Geek

The new season of Beauty and the Geek started a few weeks ago, and it's possibly better than last season, if only because I like the people a little more. I'm rooting for the Nadia and Mario team for now, although I find I am happiest if I can just skip to the end for most episodes and ignore all the reality show dramaz (people crying etc).

Watching this show always gets me thinking about what I would need to do to actually be a contestant, and I really think that I could bring some much needed uber-nerd to the show. I'd have to ignore everything my sister ever taught me about how to dress, but since I barely retain any of that knowledge anyway, it shouldn't be too hard (perhaps I could spend the whole show wearing Tevas with socks, or shorts with black dress shoes and white athletic socks). My typically geeky interests and graduate student status should make me an immediate front-runner to get on the show.

Someone please make sure I get notified when auditions for next season start.

1 comment:

Holly Golightly said...

ack! don't even THINK about trying to be a contestant on the show! i haven't watched this season but i hear the geeks aren't even that nerdy. not like the guy from the previous season who ran away as soon as he saw girls. i think the fact that you've had gfs before prob'ly automatically disqualifies you from being a good contestant.