Thursday, May 27, 2004

Sex and the City

I just finished watching Part I of Season 6 of Sex and the City. I loved it, and as usual, I cried. Not sure when I became a total sap, though I think it was sometime in college. The two moments that have proved to me that I should never go to sappy movies (or even movies that blatantly manipulate your emotions even though they aren't good) with people I don't know well: 1)Armageddon - around junior year in college - I saw this at the theater with one of my guy friends and totally sobbed, in an embarrassing way, through at least half of the movie and 2) I watched 'i am sam' on the plane back from Europe and just bawled for over two hours. My seatmate obviously thought I was insane. I'm sure many people would stop being my friend after seeing me in a puddle during some horribly schmaltzy, obviously manipulative moment. Luckily, I don't watch too much that puts me on crying jags, although I have to admit the first season of Everwood was pretty rough for me. :P

Anyway, I recommend Season 6 of SaTC - the point in the storylines where that part of the seaons ends is a little awkward, and Mikhail Barishnikov's character weirds me out, but I still really enjoyed it. On June 15, TBS will start broadcasting SaTC on Saturday nights - they have to cut both time (most episodes run over 24 minutes and I think syndicated television shows usually don't have more than 22 minutes of content...) and content (since the ladies have sex!) and I'm curious if this will be a total disaster or not.

- nyanko

No comments: