Monday, July 11, 2005

Chappelle's Show, Entourage & House

So, the summer lull in TV (especially since Dancing with the Stars is over!) has given me time to watch a bunch of TV shows on DVD or in reruns. Here's thoughts on a couple of shows:

Chappelle's Show: Tomcat (the boyfriend) loves this show, and I have to say that there were a few sketches that were hilarious (although you hate yourself for laughing because the stuff is really *so* offensive), but overall, I thought the show was pretty uneven. It's funny, but not consistently funny enough for me to bother watching/renting it.

Entourage: This show has had a lot of hype and a number of TV columnists really like it, but I thought it was really blah. The characters are stupid, the plot is pretty non-existent, and it's not witty in any way. Totoro warned me that he didn't it very good, so I guess I'll have to start trusting his reviews over the crazy TV columnists. Anyone out there have thoughts in favor of the show? Can you tell me what's actually good about it?

House: This is one of the few shows that Totoro actually watches and I've found it quite enjoyable, but I don't think I'll find it compelling enough to want to see every episode. I mean, I have to keep space on my TiVo for Wildfire (which really wasn't very good in its second episode, which was surprisingly disappointing for me - yeah, I'm obviously in denial).

p.s. Tomcat is doing a two month internship in a different city this fall, and he and his friends appear to be prepared to take their TiVos with them. Insanity or the only sane thing to do?

3 comments:

totoro said...

I've been watching the latest season of Entourage, primarily because there's nothing else to watch.
However, I must say that I find this season to be more entertaining and although I still want to throttle all the main characters, I'm learning to tolerate them for the 30 min for each episode. Sometimes that has to be split into 2 15-min sessions though, so my hatred has time to cooldown.

House is pretty solid but there is a long story-arc in the 2nd half of the season involving Chi McBride that is akin to the Oliver story-arc of OC Season 1.

Anonymous said...

I love House =) There's something very intriguing about the main character... and the second-half story arc is actually quite interesting. --Squishy

Sandra said...

i just watched an episode of Entourage for the first time this weekend. i was not a fan. how can anyone compare it to SATC?! blech. painful.