Tuesday, July 19, 2005

TV Review: Bones

Bones is a new show coming out on Fox this Fall, and Nyanko has previously posted the futon critic's review of the pilot.

Their review is probably a lot snarkier and funnier than what I'm about to say, but the bottom line is that it looks formulaic and mediocre. I'm the kind of person who will give any show at least a couple eps before writing it off, especially if there's a shortage of stuff to watch (Nyanko almost disowned me for watching The Closer past the first episode), but it's unclear that I'll even care when this show actually premieres.

The primary attraction to this show is, of course, David Boreanaz as one of the stars. The titular character is a female "forensic anthropologist" who can look at a decayed corpse and, with her team of geniuses, generate a 3-D image of the dead person, a holographic animation of how they were killed, and a profile of the deceased including height, weight, hobbies, favorite food, and favorite Backstreet Boy. My powers of suspension of disbelief are powerful indeed, but if this is how all of their cases are solved, I'll have to categorize this one under "superhero shows."

No comments: