Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Steve Jobs owns me

I continue to be a sucker for obviously contrived consumer products from Apple and associated cohorts. The latest one is Nike+iPod. I don't have an iPod Nano, so I'm not sure if this would work with my ancient clickwheel, but this is a very intriguing product. I never really know how far or fast I'm actually running, so if this will tell me that, and do it with a nifty interface, all the better.

You need a special shoe from Nike that can hold the sensor, and then the sensor+software package which is supposed to cost $29. I'm sure the initial data from such a thing would be deeply depressing, but this glorified pedometer is high up on my gadget desire list now.

1 comment:

totoro said...

Oops, my post contains no details about the actual product, but the crazy marketing teams of Apple and Nike got together and have lots of intriguing info up on their respective websites.

http://www.nike.com/nikeplus/