Friday, September 22, 2006

My exciting news is that I managed to win the first week of the fantasy tv league, mainly due to the tomcat's ineptitude and the fact that he didn't know we were starting so he had a totally crappy lineup. So yay for me! Sadly, my opponents in the coming weeks will not be as clueless so I might have to work to stay in the game.

Gecko, the tomcat and I watched Grey's Anatomy and my question is what the hell happened to Grey's Anatomy? I really liked the first season and most of last season, and I understand for things like the finale, the Super Bowl episode or the season opener, you have to be over the top, but seriously? Seriously. Last night's episode - not the Grey's Anatomy that I love. The whole subplot with Bailey talking to the guy through the door, where their emotional state is supposed to be parallel about wanting to save someone? Awkward. Bailey saying goodbye to Denney's body? Weird. The subplot about the chief and his wife? Random and wedged in. The show got great ratings, but it may quickly lose me if it doesn't cut down on the total crazy. Gecko will probably never watch with me because the show was bad enough that I turned to snarky mode and was laughing/hiding in pain during the supposedly sappy scenes. And my standards for sap-susceptibility is so low, that I'll be all sad for anything, so if you can make me not want to cry with you, there's a problem.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i liked the episode...so glad it's back. =)

Holly Golightly said...

um yeah, i liked it too. but like i said, i don't know whether it was more i'm just glad it's back or whether i thought it was actually that great. i'm a devoted follower though. i'm faithful to my shows, even if they get bad. like dawson's creek. the one thing they can do to get me to stop watching is when they kill off main characters or just bring in too many new ones (last season ally mcbeal; still debating whether i'll continue to watch the OC this season)

totoro said...

Bailey being sappy and weird, not cool. Please don't make GA suck the way OC and GG started sucking.