Wednesday, October 11, 2006

More airplane movies

I just got back from a long plane trip, which meant that I got to see a bunch of crappy movies (although that's not much different from my Netflix queue). Anyway, first off, I saw the Lake House, with Sandra Bullock and Keanu. I have to say I was very excited about this movie after hearing that it was hilariously bad from a friend. Sadly, the video system was not video on demand, so I wanted it Memento style and slighly out of sequence, although given the two simultaneous times (Sandra is two years ahead of Keanu, but they can communicate with each other - huh? Yeah), that wasn't affecting it much. There were actually a couple cute scenes, I'm sad to admit, but overall, the movie made pretty much no sense. Time space continuum! Things in the past affect the future, but only sometimes! I think I've decided that pure romance films should not include time travel/science fiction in the modern day. Too weird.

Next up, the Sentinel. Eva Longoria has character traits that never play into the movie (you speak four languages, but it never goes into the plot? Okay!), Michael Douglas - I had no idea he was in this movie, Kiefer playing Keifer. At least it was a decent way to pass the time on a nine-hour flight.

And lastly, the Breakup. Yes, I'm sorry, I watched it. Tragic.

No comments: