Monday, June 21, 2004

The Ocho

In a previous post of mine, I mentioned Zoolander, which I consider to be one of the best comedies of recent times. "best" as in so funny I start convulsing when I even think about some parts of it.

The reason I mention this is because the leading box office movie of this past weekend was, in fact, Dodgeball. Featuring Ben Stiller of course. And his character is remarkably reminiscent of Derek Zoolander in many ways. Dodgeball is probably not as good as Zoolander, but it's still extremely entertaining, and from thenceforth I have had a Pavlovian response wherein I start chuckling any time someone says "the ocho".

You can read any number of reviews concerning Dodgeball elsewhere, but the bottom line is the plot is silly, and some of the acting is not the best (Vince Vaughn, Mr. "you're money" is a notable example), but there are so many other aspects that make it worth your time, assuming you have a sense of humor.

It's almost worth watching for the cameos alone.

Go see it. Or rent/netflix it when it comes out on DVD.

One more thing: I have 3 words to say regarding Summerland, as my comment on nyanko's post below.
Kill. Me. Now.

- totoro

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay. I added it to my Netflix queue. Thanks to you, I now have 125 movies on my queue. :P

- nyanko