Thursday, October 07, 2004

24+ hours of tv per week?

One of my ex-co-workers used to work for TiVo and she told me that she was surprised at the number of TiVo users who were well paid men making over $100,000 a year, who watched over 24 hours of TV per week. (I believe 24+ hours per week is the highest category when you take TiVo surveys). That ends up being an average of 3.5 hours of TV a night. Honestly, I'm just not sure how anyone with a real job can watch that much TV. Granted, sporting events can be long (2-5 hours, depending on the sport) and there is sports all day on the weekends, but that's still a ton of TV.

I watch an ungodly amount of TV, and I think I'm only up to about 19 hours of programming (and this is an aberration since I'm watching Angel in syndication five nights a week, but that will end in three weeks when season 5 is over). Plus, this is the beginning of the season, so I'm sure some of my shows will bite the dust within the month or so. But happily, I will settle down to about 14 hours per week soon, which while indicative of no life, is not as embarassing as admitting to watching more than 24 hours of TV per week.

- nyanko

No comments: