Friday, October 01, 2004

Netflix + TiVo = Fun

TiVo and Netflix are forming an alliance that will give you video on demand to your TiVo. Sweet! I would love to get on the beta program for this... You could get movies on demand, although I suppose "demand" is limited by how long it takes for the movie to download. I wonder if you could watch the movie as it's downloading onto TiVo.

This would definitely require a larger or second TiVo to accomodate an additional nine hours of movies or um, crap from Netflix, in addition to the total crap that we're recording.

But I would have to get broadband for this, since if it were actually possible, downloading a movie over a 56K modem might actually take longer than mailing back a movie and then receiving the next one (usually a two day turnaround for me).

- nyanko

No comments: