Thursday, October 14, 2004

Review: Raising Helen

Damn you, Kate Hudson! She's so cute, and winning, and yet the vast majority of her movies scar me (and scare me). She lured me in with a few cute movies (Almost Famous, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days), so I am compelled to watch her movies in the hope that I will see something quite fun and entertaining. Instead, I have gotten Alex and Emma, The Four Feathers and Raising Helen.

In stark contrast to Ella Enchanted, Raising Helen was as painful as I thought it would be. I think they tried to make the movie a romantic comedy, but with tragedy, and the trials of raising children thrown in. Huh. Not sure that will work out for you. Sadly, Stepmom was probably something that this movie should have aspired to. Granted, I cried watching Raising Helen, but I hated myself for it.

I know these movies are bad, and somehow, I can't help myself. I have to watch them. So I only have myself to blame, since really, the review tried to warn me away. Can't. Help. Myself. Gah.

- nyanko

No comments: