Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Review: A Time for Dancing

Yet again, I have no one to blame but myself. Last night I watched A Time for Dancing, a straight to video movie about two girls who love to dance, and then one of them gets cancer (leukemia, just like Mandy in A Walk to Remember!). Just in case you're wondering, of course she dies, but not before having sex and getting into Julliard. It starred Larisa Oleynik of 10 Things I Hate About You and Shiri Appleby of Roswell, which what got me hooked into watching this movie. Two teenybopper starlets + dancing = an unavoidable movie for nyanko.

Anyway, it was just what you would expect from a straight to video movie, except it also included interpretive dance sequences during the chemotherapy. Huh. Another funny thing was that Shiri's character was a waitress that worked at a themed drive in called Burgertory, where her uniform was (shades of Roswell!) roller skates, a pointy tail and devil horns. And in what I'm sure was an homage to A Walk to Remember, Shane West was also a main character.

Yes, I'm an idiot.

- nyanko

No comments: