Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for many things in our lives. And I want to say that I am thankful for many things:

1) my TiVo, so that I can automatically record my favorite shows and fast forward through commercials, credits, science montages, fight sequences and longing angst-filled glances. Tivo is my enabler, and I love it for that.

2) the functionality of the Tivo remote that automatically jumps back several seconds to account for reaction time when fast forwarding and then pressing the play button. Instead of ending up several seconds into the show or having to guess what will be on directly before the show starts again, I can hit the button I start seeing scenes from my show and it will back up to just about the right place. I hear the Tivo people futz with the timing on this frequently so they can get it just right. I wish this came on my DVD player so that I can easily zip through the fights in Angel. DVD manufacturers should also think about picking up the replay button that replays the last 8 seconds, for when you miss a line of dialog...

3) Fox for not cancelling Arrested Development. P.S. M and C, you should really be watching this show!

4) ABC for actually coming up with some decent shows other than Alias, and for scheduling Alias at a time slot that is currently free for me, so I won't have to agonize about dropping some other show in favor of Alias. One can only hope that Fox will be so kind as to put 24 at 8 pm on Mondays, 10 pm on Tuesdays, 10 pm Wednesday, 10 pm on Sunday, or really 8 pm on Tuesday. Yes, I realize it's really way too violent for the 8 pm timeslot, but hey, it's just wishes.

5) UPN for not sucking! Now that the WB appears to be letting me down (I haven't been super excited about any of their shows this season, including new and old shows), UPN is picking up the slack with Veronica Mars!

- nyanko

No comments: