Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Sweet, there's a reality show about girls who go to princess boot camp (second item).

I may have scored a connection for getting GSN's Amazing Race reruns, via my roommate's parents. Hopefully it will work out! Unfortunately, it may be supplied via VCR tapes, but I'm suffering from Amazing Race withdrawal so I'll take what I can get.

Also, Dancing with the Stars is definitely entertaining me. Joey McIntyre and John O'Hurley are the most funny, especially in their "preparing for the competition" clips. And the professional dance partners who are hilarious, although perhaps somewhat unintentionally. The musak versions of the modern pop songs are also rad (highlights include Hero, Toxic (for the tango), and You're the One that I Want). You might be entertained too.

And I think I have to upgrade my DVD recommendation of the Wire to Must Rent. My boyfriend went on a fairly unfortunate binge of season 1, and is now plowing through season 2 and 3. However, better proof is that one of his friends found the episodes for all three seasons online, and proceeded to watch all of them (about 36 full hours - none of this 40 minutes per episode B.S.) in the course of one weekend. You too can get caught up in the madness. And it doesn't take as long as reading the Robin Hobb trilogy of trilogies.

No comments: