Monday, September 24, 2007

Chuck & Life

Totoro already reviewed the new NBC shows earlier this summer, when all the preview clips went up, but I finally got around to watching two of the pilots that were free on Amazon Unbox. Woo for downloadable TV I can watch on my Tivo! Anyway, I loved Chuck. I thought the nerd humor was pretty funny ("Not the computer!" when someone is trying to rob him, because, seriously! Not the computer! Although I'd follow it up with "Not the Tivo!", particularly since I don't really own a computer.) It was a fun fluffy show and I hope they can keep it up, at least until Rachel Bilson's guest star arc.

Here's a not so positive review, which comments on the plot holes, but seriously, it's a spy thriller/comedy so I don't know what the reviewer was expecting. She also references Alias, and um, plot holes anyone? Here's another review.

I also ended up watching Life, which the tomcat is actually pretty excited about. He describes it as House, but in the police/crime genre. I thought it was entertaining, but was weak on the plot. I gave it a season pass, but it's definitely not a first priority to watch. So, enjoyable, but I'm not ready to recommend it to anyone yet.

No comments: