Monday, September 24, 2007

Gossip Girl

The other show that seems to be either loved or reviled by TV critics is Gossip Girl. Since it's Josh Schwartz and I tend to like this kind of crap, I figured I'd check it out even though totoro isn't very excited about it. And sadly, I found it somewhat compelling - the main character Serena (Blake Lively) has a cute chemistry with the good-guy male lead, so I want to see how that relationship plays out. The supporting cast seems particularly weak and I'm not sure what the show is really going to be about from week to week - I guess just a relationships drama? There's not a real overarching story that I can tell so far, so shrug. But the music is pretty fun, and I unfortunately also got the tomcat hooked on this as well. We'll have to see if the tomcat gets his friend the LCD to watch it too. Those two watch the Real World Sydney and have to call each other afterwards to "gaaaahhhh" about it.

2 comments:

totoro said...

I watched maybe the first 10 min of the first episode and had to shut it off... maybe I will power through so I can at least say I watched a full episode but it is not working for me.

nyanko said...

I definitely don't think it's for everyone, but I found the second half of the episode to be better, since that had intereaction between Serena and the nice boy. Totoro, I'm not sure you have a strong enough constitution to handle this show's crap...