Thursday, April 19, 2007

CBS WATCH!

I was browsing the newstand a couple days ago and came across the brand spanking newCBS WATCH! magazine, which is apparently a new magazine designed to sell the stars on on the CBS shows while publicizing their shows. The feature article is all about JLH (aka Jennifer Love Hewitt or the Ghost Whisperer). I was tempted to buy it since it's only $1.99, but it looked so lame, it didn't even seem worth the money. In contrast, I was totally willing to spend $5 on the InStyle Home magazine, and in the past I totally bought some other TV related magazine (but that wasn't limited to just one procedural heavy network), even when it was also total crap but at least prettier when I picked it up and flipped through it. Anyway, it's entertaining to look at the website see the content they are squeezing out of their stars (Eric Close on vacation, Navi Rawat talks about Miami, Danny Pino gives back to the community). I wonder if they have to have equal coverage for all their shows...

No comments: