Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Mmm, breakfast

After seeing the Jimmy Dean Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick talked up on the Daily Show and having our own transcendental food on a stick experience at the Minnesota State Fair (to see examples...), the tomcat and I had to try this. We finally found it after months of searching, and had an apartment breakfast event! It was actually pretty good and I was intrigued by the chocolate chip and blueberry pancake options, although it was slightly sad that those are separate varieties, rather than the fabulous combo of both blueberries and chocolate chips, which is my personal favorite pancake flavor (although banana and blueberry has been making a run for status as my favorite recently). However, if they had that, I might be worried that my Tivo has spyware or that Jimmy Dean researchers were listening in on my conversations. Although, seriously, how can you go wrong with both chocolate and blueberries?

2 comments:

Holly Golightly said...

hmm, so they're kind of like a variation on a corn dog, would you say? can you get them at the reg grocery store? like my neighborhood safeway perhaps?

i personally don't really like mixing chocolate with fruit so to me, choc and blueberries might be a little too much together... AND with sausage?

nyanko said...

I think you can find them in the frozen food section of normal grocery stores, although I don't know if it's in all of the stores. We had to go to two stores and it wasn't at my local Safeway. However, the tomcat has also seen it near where lives. But seriously, savory + sweet is yummy. You should try chocolate blueberry pancakes sometime. You put in the ingredients by hand, so you can just make one and try it out! No problems with ruining the whole batch.