Sunday, April 01, 2007

Chuck Klosterman covers the Final Four

Chuck Klosterman is writing a blog from the Final Four, and it's pretty entertaining. My favorite part has been his recap from the open practices. He comments on the cheerleaders and the pep bands, and the Gator nation. I watched the games on Saturday, but was disappointed, particularly by the UCLA game, since UCLA got whupped on. Sigh. Gecko, the roommate, speculates that totoro's posts drive more traffic to the blog because he actually has commentary, so for the next week or two, I'll try to give you my utterly unique perspective on the world. One can only hope this will not devolve into me telling you exactly how I am feeling, exactly what I am eating, and exactly what I'm listening to at the very moment that I am writing.

Also, I watched Stick It and was hoping to link to Y's post if he actually watched it, but apparently his blog doesn't really allow you to search it, that I could find, and google was also unhelpful. The tomcat's friend who is the lowest common denominator for movies (meaning pretty much no standards) vouched for the movie, and I found it entertaining, but don't know that I'd recommend it or tell you that you must watch it. However, I did force my roommates to watch... I didn't realize the movie was going to have a feel good moral about asserting yourself, controlling your destiny and not being too judgemental. Personally, I would have just been happy with seeing the main character win the gold medal instead... Which would defeat the message that they were giving, but really, why am I watching a sports oriented movie if not to see them win? Seriously. Coming up soon on my queue - a girls volleyball movie which I now realize stars Laila Ali, currently on Dancing with the Stars.

No comments: