Thursday, April 19, 2007

TV schedules for 2007-2008

The 2007 Network Upfront Presentations are scheduled for May 14-17, which is just around the corner. I'm pretty excited to see how things will shake out, but it might be fairly sad if some good shows get cancelled. Although I have to say that there are shows that I used to be attached to, but won't be that sad if they get cancelled (Veronica Mars). Rumors have been posted that make things look pretty bleak for Veronica Mars and Studio 60. I'm cautiously optimistic about Friday Night Lights, and it sounds, sadly, like Gilmore Girls will probably get an abbreviated season (maybe 16 or 18 episodes) for next year. However, I've seen posts that said that the latest GG episode might have been the best of this season, which really isn't saying much, but at least it indicates some improvement. I keep hoping I'll cut down on my TV watching and maybe some key cancellations will facilitate that.

1 comment:

Rad for Jesus said...

Yes, I've been pretty excited about it too. Every year at this time I look to see the networks' fall schedules to see what I like. Unfortunately, I don't usually find anything that I like enough to watch. Most of everything on TV is garbage to me. I've been praying to God that the worst of the worst will get canceled and that the networks will provide us with programmes that bring glory to God rather than sin. That's a long shot, but I'm hoping.