Sunday, July 04, 2004

ABC Family movies

The next ABC Family movie is going to be Crimes of Fashion, with Dominic Chianese (Uncle Junior from the Sopranos). Here's the blurb:

Brooke (Kaley Cuoco) is a shy but ambitious student at a top fashion school. After the death of her long-lost grandfather, Brooke finds out she has inherited his job at the family business…mob boss of the Sarto crime family! With the help of an old school mobster, George (Dominic Chianese), she tries to make her family legit, but trouble arises when she falls in love with an undercover FBI agent who is sent to take her down. Can Brooke give the mob a makeover before it's too late?

Heh. Should be tragic/funny.

Also, my Netflix recommendation told me I should watch Lucky 7, an older ABC Family movie, so I guess ABC Family has decided to try for some additional revenue from DVD sales. Lucky 7 was pretty cute, but some of the more recent original movies have been somewhat disappointing (Picking Up & Dropping Off, Brave New Girl). Still I'm a total sucker for crappy romantic comedy so I keep watching...

- nyanko

No comments: