Monday, July 19, 2004

Frequent flying

Since I've been travelling so much for both work and fun, I've managed to qualify for a quasi-elite status on Alaska's frequent flyer program. Not the super-good status, but the one-step-up-from-the-peons status. I finally figured out that they won't just automatically give you first class upgrades, and that you need to call two days in advance and see if they have any open first class seats, so I recently managed to get myself an upgrade. (And yes, I am trying to avoid being one of those consultant-like people who are purely obsessed with accumulating, using and talking about their miles.)
 
First class was quite nice - a big seat, decent food, and free and continuous alcohol (if you are into that, as my row-mate was). But the neatest thing was the Digeplayer, a nifty little personal media player that had movies (a variety including Mystic River, That Thing You Do, Man on Fire, My Cousin Vinny), television (The Simpsons, and two other choices), music, something on golf and airport information. I didn't really use the player since I wasn't interested in the movies, but if they had had Ella Enchanted or the Prince & Me, I would have been all over it!
 
- nyanko

No comments: