Friday, July 02, 2004

Freaks & Geeks, now on DVD

I finally got to watch the first disc of the short-lived TV series, Freaks & Geeks, by Judd Apatow (who also worked on the also short-lived Undeclared and the upcoming Life as We Know It). It was hilarious, and sometimes horribly painful (but in a funny way). The story revolves around a bunch of kids in high school in the 80s, who are either freaks or geeks. They have the most awkward, but very funny actual 14 and 15-year olds playing the freshman geeks. It's funny because they look tiny, which is what most pre-growth spurt freshmen actually look like, and they look so young, though perhaps because we've gotten used to seeing a bunch of 25-30 year-olds playing high schoolers (I'm talking to you, Dawson's Creek and the O.C.). I highly recommend the show because it will make you laugh out loud.

I guess this means that I'll have to check out Life as We Know It, even though Kelly Osbourne is in the cast, and she makes me want to run and hide.

- nyanko

No comments: