Thursday, September 02, 2004

Back from hiatus

After a bit of a hiatus that included vacation, a week-long bout with a death-like flu virus (have now vowed to get a flu shot every year), and a fun reunion with totoro, I think I'm back since there's tons of fun crap to babble about with the new fall season.

I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of watching the Olympics. I can only watch so much sports and then I get kind of bored. It's fun to see random sports that you usually don't see - the team rhythmic gymnastics routines with three hoops and two balls were actually pretty awesome, even though they were really basically Cirque du Soleil, but with less scary music. I also figured out that a girl from my high school who is a few years older than me was in the long jump competition.

However, TiVo or a DVR is totally clutch for this type of television, since it allows you to fast forward through coverage you're not interested in (men's basketball and weightlifting for me; schmatlzy personal interest stories; extended graphics about the standings).

- nyanko

No comments: