Monday, June 12, 2006

It was a productive media weekend for me - I cleared off my TiVo substantially (I hesitate to admit to how much TV I actually watched, but did get through 28% of the saved stuff on my TiVo). Unfortunately, that was just shy of the goal of watcing 30% of TiVo, but I'll go with it. The Netflix are woefully neglected as well, but since there's nothing on TV, I figure I'll give them some love as soon as TiVo is clean.

The trailers for Treasure Hunters (a new series on NBC premiering soon) are looking distinctly like a number of the scenes from National Treasure. One can only hope that the clues will involve the Freemasons and that Nicolas Cage will make an appearance. Please, please, please let it be so.

And finally, I saw Cars this weekend. I didn't have huge expectations for it (although I still expected it to be cute) since some of the early reviews were positive, but not overly so. However, I just thought it was adorable and made me go sqeeeeee! So, I'll have to put the DVD on my Amazon wishlist now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

28%? Did you actually calculate that number or is there a way to get Tivo to do it for you?

nyanko said...

I wish TiVo gave me stats on how much TV I watched, although I think that might be scary/depressing/a little too obsessive. But no, I calculated it myself, and hilariously, did the long division incorrectly the first time. After getting my initial answer, I said, huh, 10/36 seems like it should be more 21%... 10 x 5 means that 100% would be 50. Huh. And then resorted to the calculator on my computer. Apple's ads may knock the Windows Calculator, but it's useful for those of us who are math-challenged.