Friday, June 30, 2006

After having a fairly tragic attempt to listen to a podcast (yes, so it was the commentary for Battlestar), I have figured out that the iPod is not entirely optimized for listening to podcasts. First of all, the screen on the ipod will truncate the name after a not huge number of characters, meaning that you have start playing the file in order to see the full title. It would be nice if podcasts could end up in their own section on the iPod as well - although maybe I'm just too stupid to figure out how to do that. Also, there's no chaptering within one audio file, so when you accidently hit the next button, you have to go back to the right file and fast forward your way to the place where you used to be. And fast forwarding - a super pain in the butt - why don't they have 2x, 8x, 30x fast forwarding like on a DVD? Also, the fast-forwarding button sensitivity is a bit wonky so sometimes I would be holding down the fast-forward/next button and it would decide that I wanted to go to the next song. So I was caught in an infinite loop of fast-forward, accidently press next, try to fast forward to the right place again and so on. I might really be thwarted by this whole podcast thing unless I sit down and listen to the whole thing in one go.

Also, sadly, I kind of liked Paris Hilton's song Stars are Blind. I don't suppose one can have it on their iPod ironically? P.S. I haven't bought it. Yet.

And my mom and sister had the Keith Urban album and it was kind of catchy, so I might have to start looking at country music. Any recommendations?

No comments: