Monday, June 19, 2006

The tomcat's dad got a 32" LCD TV for Father's Day, and let me tell you, it looks nice! Suddenly, I can see what it would look like in my own home, and maybe I could stop sitting in the middle of the living room, like a little kid, when I'm watching TV. This may be a new addition to my electronics family sometime this week, if I can get up the guts to buy it. It's at Costco, which is quite convenient.

I watched the Britney Dateline interview and although I was worried it was going to be a disaster of Chaotic (the Britney TV show, not the general adjective) level proportions, I actually think it ended up achieving Britney's main goal of making public opinion more sympathetic to her. It wasn't pulled off brilliantly, but I think overall, she said largely reasonable things and Matt Lauer threw her a bunch of softballs. The main takeaways from it were that it seemed like a giant music video/promotional event for her (so one might really say that Dateline sold out for this) and also that Britney used to look so gorgeous. All the old clips and pictures of her really reinforced that she doesn't look as good anymore. Sigh.

I'm in the middle of watching Treasure Hunters, (and I think I got my roommate sucked into watching at least the premiere as well) so I'll have a review of that tomorrow.

2 comments:

manganese said...

so sucked in, in fact, that I already have a season pass. [sigh] I guess that makes me a sucker... :)

nyanko said...

Ha! My evil plans are working!