Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Playlists

After getting dinner with Nyanko last night and once again receiving some pressure about blogging, I decided I'd start talking a bit about some of the music that I've been listening to, since my TV life has gotten stagnant. (note the edited "watch list" to the left)

Since subscribing to Yahoo! Music Unlimited (omg this is almost like an ad), I've been able to keep up with some of the newer music out there a lot more easily. Those of you who know me realize that I listen to everything out there, with the possible exceptions of hardcore rap and country, although there are exceptions to the exceptions as well. Unfortunately, the pop music scene has been almost nonexistent since the demise of the teen pop movement and Britney's various non-musical exploits. We've got Kelly Clarkson and that's about all I can think of. I am a sucker for a catchy tune, so music snobs should stop reading right now.

Here's a list of some albums I've been listening to more recently:
Matt White - Bleecker Street Stories (EP, full album will be called Do You Believe)
Teddy Geiger - Underage Thinking
Augustana - All the Stars and Boulevards
K.T. Tunstall - Eye to the Telescope
Snow Patrol - Eyes Open
AFI - Decemberunderground

these are roughly sorted in order of Least Common Denominator -> Kind of Alternative

I form opinions on music very slowly, and I don't really pay attention to lyrics, so most of what I listen to would just fall under the category of "I heard one of their songs on the radio and didn't hate the rest of the album" or "my sister told me to download the album."

3 comments:

nyanko said...

Woo, a blog post! And now, criticism! No, a suggestion for iTunes links to those albums so it's easy for me to check them out.

Anonymous said...

Go Yahoo! =)

Holly Golightly said...

ah yes, i see that i have gotten you to listen to matt white and kt tunstall. muahahaha.