Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Jumper

A trailer is out for Doug Liman's new movie, Jumper.
http://www.jumperthemovie.com/

Just last night we were talking about what Rachel Bilson has been up lately, and I guess now we have some idea. This movie stars Anakin... I mean Hayden Christensen, Samuel L. Jackson, Diane Lane (who I didn't see in the trailer, but I probably just missed it), and of course Summer. It's a sci-fi type action/thriller focused around a guy who can teleport himself around. What a handy talent.

The trailer has a nice slow setup showcasing his talent followed by an omgactionmysterywhat?? to draw the viewer in. Sadly Rachel is not looking her best in this, but so far it seems like Anakin will not be as ehhhhh as he was in the Star Wars movies.

Doug Liman directed Swingers, Go, The Bourne Identity, and Mr. and Mrs. Smith, so he is basically my hero and this movie is now on the must-see list. The action in the latter two movies is pretty well-done in my opinion, and the trailer for Jumper suggests that we'll be seeing more of that style.

Thanks to my ninja friend for being the first to pick up on this. AICN also has comments about this.

3 comments:

nyanko said...

Okay, I did know about this movie because she was filming right about when she broke up with Adam Brody and she started dating Hayden Christensen at some point around or after filming. Apparently I've been reading People.com too much.

Adia said...

Sigh. She's now dating Hayden? so sad. I really wanted Seth and
Summer to work out.

nyanko said...

I'm not sure if Rachel and Hayden are still dating, but she definitely broke up with Seth which was extremely sad. No more Seth and Summer shopping at Target papparazzi pictures... Sigh.