Tuesday, May 01, 2007

BBC shows online

It looks like the BBC is also going online, they have approved this thing called the iPlayer for online viewing of TV episodes. I don't understand everything in this article, since I'm still not sure what "series stacking" means, but it looks like it'll be something similar to the services that all the major US networks have now.

Hopefully this means it will be easier to watch certain BBC shows without having to resort to waiting for their DVDs to be released or hope that BBC America doesn't suck. I just started watching MI:5 as per nyanko's recommendation, and so far it is another striking example of how they make shows slightly differently over there (other than the fact that their "seasons" are about 1/4 an American season).

1 comment:

nyanko said...

I'm super excited about this. I'll have to remember to check it out; maybe then I can catch the latest season of MI 5 which will be broadcast on BBC America, but which I do not receive... I'm also hoping to see a few episodes of the series Hex, which is supposed to be a bit Buffy-like, at least in terms of overall theme (vampires, or supernatural something).