Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tivo Series 3

With the TiVo Series3 finally coming down in price (I think it's about $600 at Amazon) the tomcat is trying to argue that the case can be made for buying it, getting your HD over the air, dropping the cable service, and using Netflix or online resources for getting any cable shows you might want (Project Runway, Psych, Battlestar - I'd miss you so much!). And I'm starting to see that it might be a good option, with the added bonus of being able to stick it to the cable companies (who seem like they are just trying to bleed me dry) and not give them my money anymore. You'd need to manage to get a decent price for internet, but it wouldn't take too long to get a return on your investment on the TiVo box. It would go even faster if you are also paying a rental on a cable company DVR...

If more shows were available on Amazon's Unboxed so I could download them, this would be even more appealing! And it would all be in HD!

No comments: