Tuesday, May 29, 2007

CBS - Fall 2007 Previews


I've been making my rounds through the various major network sites watching their Fall 2007 preview trailers, so in an effort to get my post count up, I'll drop some tidbits in here that might interest our reader(s).

First up is CBS, note that this will not cover all of their new shows, just the ones that had reasonable-length previews available to stream from their site. I am ignoring reality shows.

  • Cane - Drama about a family that runs a drug cartel, except it's not drugs, it's sugar cane. Jimmy Smits is the kingpin.
  • Big Bang Theory - Comedy about two science nerds who discover that they live next door to a hot blonde. A little bit of Beauty & the Geek here with the ditzy beauty and the socially inept nerds who are in love with her. I didn't recognize anyone from the trailer.
  • Moonlight - Probably the most interesting trailer I saw on the CBS site, this is about a vampire who likes to do good (Blade??) but does it in the form of a Private Investigator. It looks ridiculously cheesy and stars Lindsay from The O.C. as the female lead. I didn't recognize her until the end of the trailer when she does her shocked/sad look.
  • Swingtown - I slept through most of the 2 min of this one, it has something to do with people in the 70's and what they do as they, uh, live in the 70's. Trailer made it seem like a drama version of That 70's Show. Just to clarify, this appears to be a midseason show instead... not that anyone's going to watch.
Other networks to come...

1 comment:

nyanko said...

OMG, it's so confusing when you actually blog! But I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to say about the shows. This could streamline my perusal of those sites... But seriously, sugar cane?