Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Memorial day weekend

I spend my Memorial Day weekend achieving TiVo zero (woo!) and watching Catch and Release. Since my Achilles heel appears to be Jennifer Garner movies (along with other random female starlets), I had to watch even though the trailers looked terrible. And my verdict - bad, but not unwatchable. In fact, at times, I found the movie to be somewhat enjoyable. It had Jennifer, and the poor man's Barry Watson (they blew the budget, I'm sure, on JG and Juliette Lewis). Juliette Lewis on the other hand, was in fact unwatchable. And the little kid? Also unwatchable. But for some reason, I kind of liked the romance subplot even though I think there was almost no substance/connection between the two people. Which brings me to my latest realization. Sometimes I'm really in the mood for some crappy and sappy romance movie and it doesn't matter how bad the movie is, I'm still going to enjoy it. This was one of those days. Watch it at your own risk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh...we just watched this last wednesday...

nyanko said...

What did you think of it?

totoro said...

Jennifer Garner has a new movie coming out, I think it's her first since having a kid. She's an FBI agent in Saudi Arabia or something. "The Kingdom", also starring Jamie Foxx, Jason Bateman, and Chris Cooper.