Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Mr. and Mrs. Smith, the TV show

I may be behind the times on this, but TV Squad has some news on the Mr. and Mrs. Smith television show that I was previously unaware of. The movie with Brangelina was one of my favorite movies of the last few years, and so I'm excited that the creators are going to try to make a series out of it, although of course I am also skeptical as to its ability to succeed without the two stars who made the movie.

The main draw of the movie was the combination of attractive people with action sequences and funny dialogue. These are all elements that can be translated to a TV series, but it may be more difficult to make it effective over a whole season.

The biggest news (to me) of this article is the names of the people who are starring on the show, and I actually recognize the majority of them, although I can't think of any that have had any recent notable roles. Jordana Brewster, Martin Henderson (Darcy of Bride & Prejudice), Julia Ormond, and Bridgette Wilson are all in this.

2 comments:

Holly Golightly said...

ah, the article did mention the short-lived OTHER "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" series starring Maria Bello... I'm not a huge fan of Martin Henderson though, couldn't they give Jordana Brewster someone a little more dashing and Brad Pitt-esque? Also, poor Julia Ormond - she is not relegated to secondary roles on TV? ACK

nyanko said...

I think this didn't get picked up at the upfronts, but it sounded like that studio was still shopping it around to other networks. So the show isn't dead yet...