Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I watched the pilot of Grey's Anatomy, and found it to be throwaway, but pretty entertaining. Probably much like ER was in the old days before they started doing 'You have to watch the last 5 minutes!' stunts. It's not the best show you'll ever watch, but I'm drawn to this type of crap. The NY Times also gave it a lukewarm rating.

Predictability factor: Four crystal balls
Overall verdict: The season pass stays for another week; might get bumped to watching in summer reruns.

I had a chance to see Porco Rosso, another Miyazaki film, about a man-pig fighter pilot during WWII. It was funny and sweet, and reminded me of Tale Spin, the Disney Afternoon show about Baloo the bear, who also flew a water plane. It's definitely worth your time.

The ABC Family show Garden of Love, about the teenager who works in a Las Vegas wedding chapel was a confusing mix of staged and real setups. I'm not sure if they're crossing the line of making it too obvious when some things are staged. But anyway, watching the show makes it obvious that adults find it extremely funny to see teenagers going through the milestones of first dates, etc. The first episode was too much teenage boy, not enough wedding insanity. I was losing interest halfway through. I'll give it a half of an episode more, but it's on the deathwatch.

My roommate just got her own TiVo, so we'll be two TiVo household. Woo! And maybe I'll be able to cut the three person 40+ list of season passes down to something far more reasonable, and not including things like ER and Survivor... Unfortunately, this will allow me to now see shows that conflict with shows taped on my TiVo. Uh oh, more TV...

- nyanko

No comments: