Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Pilot Review: Blind Justice

Blind Justice is a new show that just aired its pilot last night. The first time I saw a billboard for it, I could've sworn the dude was Matt Murdock come to primetime TV. Turns out that the main character is a blind cop, fighting crime sans one sense, but without any super-powers.
The pilot is about Det. Dunbar's first few days back on the police force after being shot blind and then suing his way back on the job. There's the usual feel-good stuff with people not thinking he can do his job, but him proving them wrong, etc. The only part of this pilot that I couldn't have guessed just by reading a one-line description of the show is the fact that Dunbar is not necessarily that great of a guy (the whole cheating on his wife thing).
Pain Index: 0 spiky balls. there's no funny, therefore no pain.
Predictability Index: 4 crystal balls.
As good as: pilot for Numb3rs, but Blind Justice has more attractive women (2 of them).
Conclusion: I'll probably watch more episodes, just like I did with Numb3rs and Medium, until I can't handle it any more.

- totoro

No comments: