Tuesday, March 22, 2005

post-Spring Break Shark Attack

TaikoNinja brought it to my attention that CBS's AWEsome Spring Break Shark Attack made-for-TV movie was reviewed by Bill Simmons of ESPN.com's Page2. (last item)
Bottom line: "Final grade: A-plus"

Now, seeing as how I am out of town and forgot to set my sister's Tivo to record this masterpice, what am I to do? Must I live with this void in my soul until the end of days? TaikoNinja, Snuffles, myself, and the rest of the tv-watching bit torrenting world continue to be saddened, nay, grief-striken, by the death of suprnova.org
Wah.

- totoro

After pressure from totoro, I am ashamed to admit that I actually watched Spring Break Shark Attack. It was actually pretty hilarious for all the reasons in the Page 2 blurb. I laughed out loud a number of times. About 15 minutes in, I was a little afraid that I wasn't going to be able to survive the gore anticipation - the possibility of people getting limbs eaten off makes me a little jumpy. I can stand the craptacular part, but not the mauling...

Anyway, it was basically the OC with sharks, since Shannon Lucio was the exact same character as on the OC. There was the added bonus of hearing the CBS NCAA basketball announcers continually having to hype Spring! Break! Shark! Attack! The ending of the movie (spoiler ahead) includes the main characters luring the sharks away from the poor kids on the beach, the sharks "reeling in" their boat by pulling down the box of fish used to lure the sharks away, one guy getting shot by a harpoon and a shark-be-gone device that gave off a electrical current that sharks don't like. Terrible, yet funny.

- nyanko

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I didn't TiVo this. Dammit!

Anonymous said...

i even saw it, if you can believe that. Actually i saw 2 minutes of it, laffed, and went back to other normal television viewing.