Monday, March 07, 2005

Movie Review: Wimbledon

Wimbledon was also on the agenda for this weekend. I was actually planning to see this in the theater - a rare occurrence for me, so it means I was really excited about it - but it didn't quite work out. Anyway, I finally got around to seeing it. Kirsten Dunst - not too annoying. Paul Bettany - really quite likable, despite not being drop dead gorgeous. His character made the movie quite funny. Thank goodness they didn't try to cast Hugh Grant into this one...

nyanko's review:
Pain index (zero being not painful to five being Princess Diaries/Bridget Jones doing public speaking) : one spiky ball of pain
Hype index: 5 for me; 2 for the rest of the world.

As good as: Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!

My advice to you: Quite nice, but unremarkable.
Feeling of self-worth after watching: Warm fuzzy feeling of contentment

totoro's review:
Keep in mind that I watched this on a 12 hour plane ride, on a 6" LCD screen along with about 3 other movies in marathon fashion. General consensus for me is that it could've been much worse, but actually ended up being decently entertaining without too much pain.
Pain index: 2 spiky balls, this is considered pretty good as romantic comedies come.
Hype index: 1 neon ball, very little hype.
Kirsten Dunst screech index: lower than you might anticipate.
Final Grade: The new standard for an average romantic comedy with moderate star power.

No comments: