Monday, March 28, 2005

Undeclared coming out on DVD this summer

I'm very excited that Undeclared will be coming out on DVD, hopefully in August.

I should say that I was in Vegas this past weekend, and saw the Jubilee show at Bally's, and I think I recognized at least one person from the Bravo reality show Vegas Showgirls: Nearly Famous. Sigh.

I watched The Cat Returns, yet another Hayao Miyazaki film, and really enjoyed it. Not as sublime as My Neighbor Totoro or Porco Rosso, but quite entertaining. It is a little weird, in a Tailchaser's Song kind of way, but it does include secret service agent cats, a king cat that calls everyone 'babe', and the most awesome cow and pig alarm clocks. (Also, does it seem like there's an entire genre of talking-cat world fantasy books?) The extras on the DVD also include a dramatic re-enactment of the dinner where they told the director that he would be directing the film. Heh. And entertainingly, the English version features the voice talents of Anne Hathaway, Cary Elwes, Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars!), Andy Richter, and Tim Curry. How could I resist?

nyanko

No comments: