Wednesday, March 02, 2005

TiVo guilt

A blog post about the plethora of article about TiVo guilt and feeling forced to watch too much TV. Normally, I feel like I am watching a relatively reasonable amount of TV, but before my last business trip, I had a five night stint where I was watching at least five shows a night. It was tragic and way too much TV, but I had to clean down the TiVo to make enough room for shows during that upcoming trip.

I know a few people who continue to archive shows even though they aren't actively watching; it's probably a good thing that the 30-hour TiVo doesn't have enough space to give me that flexibility. The one good thing about impending TiVo overflow is that it forces you to watch a new show and quickly decide whether or not it's worthwhile to continue taping (I'm talking to you, NUMB3RS). And if you have say, four episodes of Joan of Arcadia on the 'Vo, it's a sign that perhaps the show is not your favorite... Hello, season pass death watch.

- nyanko

No comments: