Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Since I'm always into crime procedurals, I of course watched the USA show Psych which premiered last Friday. The verdict is that it's entertaining and pretty good. Some of the coincidences/plot contrivances to get the main character to be a police consultant were hokey, and I'm still not quite sure how the mystery was really solved, but believablity is not key to this type of show. The writing is fun and Dule Hill's character is particularly entertaining. I also love the little European-size car they drive - I think it might be a Yaris. Anyway, the show isn't brilliant, but it's pretty fun and I'll keep watching.

In other news, I think Treasure Hunters appears to have the worst luck in terms of random, but somewhat serious injuries to contestants. It's not fun to watch people getting treated by medics. However, they do have a hilarious twist to the game in the latest episode where [SPOILER] they make the teams choose whether they would like a time advantage and will leave behind one member of their team for the rest of the show/game, or whether they want to take the time to pick up the third person on their team. Cold!

No comments: